What ForcesWatch do
- Raise ethical concerns about military recruitment practices and the rights of serving personnel.
- Campaign for improvements in recruitment practice in the interests of potential recruits.
- Help ensure that potential recruits and their families are aware of the risks, difficulties and legal obligations of an armed forces career before they enlist.
- Campaign for the terms of service for armed forces personnel to fully respect individuals' right to leave after a reasonable notice period, including the right to conscientious objection.
- Promote understanding and respect for the moral choices and objections of armed forces personnel.
- Challenge government campaigns that use the armed forces to promote uncritical national pride in the military in order to garner public support for armed intervention overseas.