subscribe to blog posts by email
Welcome to the ForcesWatch blog
Recent blog posts
- Unpacking 'recruitment': what does the MoD mean when it says the armed forces do not run recruitment activities in schools?
- Recently... on 'moral injury' and armed forces suicides in the US and UK
- The suffering of veterans
- We shall reach them in the classrooms: Promoting a ‘military ethos’ in schools
- Militarising Education
- "It's not a game"
- Critical portrayals of life in the armed forces in two West End plays
- Recently....on the Olympics, strike-breaking and the armed forces
- Recently... on militainment
- Recently...sexual assault and bullying in the armed forces
Join us for a discussion on the role of the armed forces in mainstream education. Not only do the armed forces visit thousands of schools each year but the military is becoming more integrated into Britain's education system with 'military ethos' presented as a solution to educational problems,
We invite you to come and discuss the issues and whether it is appropriate for the military to engage with young people in schools and colleges.
Next event: London, Tuesday 7 May 2013, 7pm
Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square, London Venue details and map here
With Victoria Basham (University of Exeter), Tom Burkard (Centre for Policy Studies), Ben Griffin (ex-SAS and founder of Veterans for Peace) and others.
Chaired by Alex Kelly (The Access Project)